Former Socceroo Robbie Slater says the move to substitute the Socceroos’ captain Mat Ryan with bench goalkeeper Andrew Redmayne during the penalty shootout against Peru was a “big call”.Mr Slater said there had previously been a lot of people who wanted coach Graham Arnold sacked when Australia “lost to both Saudi Arabia and Japan”. “That very move, by substituting Ryan, would have defined him if it had come out of failure,” he told Sky News Australia.“It’s another famous penalty shoot-out”.
- Next Could flat tyres soon be a thing of the past?
- Previous ‘That was for Australia!’ – Duke drops f-bomb in legendary interview
- Tears for Sabalenka after comeback victory
- Your Wi-Fi Camera Might Be Streaming to the Whole World
- Czech Republic votes for president in runoff election between Petr Pavel and Andrej Babis
- Photos: Americans react to Tyre Nichols police beating video
- Sundowns coach maps out plan to overcome Sekhukhune
No comments to show.