A holiday weekend in America means celebrating the thing we love most: sales. Never one to opt out of pretty much anything, former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani is striking while the market’s hot—by promoting discounted foam sandals on Twitter.“Great products at reasonable prices. Use code Rudy for additional savings,” President Trump’s former personal attorney tweeted late Thursday night, along with a patriotic graphic that looks like a spam post you might encounter on your distant cousin’s hacked Facebook page of several styles of slide sandals from the bedding and apparel brand MyPillow. (Giuliani is close with MyPillow founder and CEO Mike Lindell, who supported Giuliani and Trump’s claims of fraud in the 2020 election.) The sandals, the graphic says, are regularly priced at $79.98, but with promo code “RUDY,” you can buy them for only $49.98.Giuliani—who has descended deeper into professional and cosmic freefall in even just the last few days, having fielded both accusations of begging for a presidential pardon during the January 6 House committee hearings and an alleged slap from a stranger inside a Staten Island supermarket—has tweeted several times since posting the ad a little after 10 p.m. Eastern last night, putting the likelihood of his Twitter account being hacked beyond a reasonable doubt.He also currently has restricted public replies to his tweets, though so far none of his potential mutuals have responded to the ad. All told for Giuliani, seems like another day of snake oil shoe salesmanship, another dollar.
- Next Novak Djokovic keeps cool to beat Nick Kyrgios in Wimbledon final
- Previous Japan introduces up to one-year jail time for cyberbullying
- Latest Chapter in Lamar Jackson Saga Takes a Bizarre Turn
- EU was set to ban internal combustion engine cars. Then Germany suddenly changed its mind
- Meta Quest Rolls Out Experimental “Direct Touch” Hand Tracking – Review Geek
- Japan’s Sakamoto overcome by emotion as she wins women’s free on home ice
- China says does not ask firms for foreign data as TikTok row grows
No comments to show.