Owning a Google Pixel Watch means another device that has updates to watch out for. And not just system updates with new versions of Wear OS, I’m talking about app updates for all the apps installed by your watch. Take this as a reminder to update them regularly, just like you do on your phone.
I’m talking about it because out of the box, the Pixel Watch has a ton of app updates in addition to a day one system update. If you don’t realize this on your own, I can tell you right away that your Pixel Watch may not have all the features it should or there may be unnecessary bugs that you could get rid of.
For example, after testing a Pixel Watch review unit for several days before moving on to one I had purchased for everyday use, I ran into missing items on the new watch, such as some complications in the dials that I couldn’t set. It took me a long time to figure out what was wrong. I had already installed the first system update, but then I randomly ventured into the Play Store on the watch only to find 21 apps that need updates. I updated them and everything was fine again in the Pixel Watch world.
If you’re having trouble on your Pixel Watch or maybe you just haven’t checked for updates in a while, do it now.
To check for app updates on Pixel Watch, do the following:
- Click the side button to open the app drawer
- Scroll down to “Play Store” and tap on it
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “Manage apps”
- If you have any app updates, you’ll see them here
- You can tap “Update All” or tap them individually to update them
And since we raised it, here’s how to check for system updates on a Pixel Watch:
- Scroll down the quick panel menu from the top
- Tap the Settings button
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “System”
- Tap “System Updates” to see if new software is available
OK, enjoy your updated Pixel Watch.