Austria Ambassador Johann Brieger —BMEIA/ MICHAEL GRUBER
Ambassador Johann Brieger started his diplomatic profession on the age of 30. From his first task in 1992 on the Austrian Federal Ministry of International Affairs, he rose by means of the ranks to grow to be ambassador of Austria to Kosovo (2011-2015), South Africa (2018-2022), and Philippines (current).
Earlier than his appointment as ambassador, he served on the Austrian Embassy in Nairobi (Kenya) and Paris (France). Brieger has been honored with the French Ordre nationwide du Mérite with the rank of Chevallier.
Arriving in August, Brieger was overwhelmed by the friendliness and hospitality of the Filipino individuals.
There’s a very wealthy and numerous material of connections between Austria and the Philippines traditionally. The revitalization of enterprise relations within the postpandemic restoration represents an necessary factor in our two nations’ bilateral relations. Newest figures are promising and present the precise trajectory. Brieger appears to be like ahead to not solely tapping into the legacy of the visits of the Vienna Boys Choir to Manila, but additionally to what might be finished with the buddies of the Johann Strauss Society of the Philippines and the Manila Symphony Orchestra. The previous’s founder and one of many first conductors of the latter have been Austrians.
Brieger is all the time curious and keen to satisfy and to have interaction with individuals coming from totally different walks of life. He appears to be like ahead to visiting the provinces and study extra about their magnificence, and in addition the challenges of his present residence. —CONTRIBUTED INQ
- Next Queensland man goes viral for offloading on thieves in video
- Previous Australian Open 2023: Andrey Rublev defeats Holger Rune, scores, news, draw, video, reaction
- Photos: Americans react to Tyre Nichols police beating video
- Sundowns coach maps out plan to overcome Sekhukhune
- EV prices and charging hurdles could get in the way of green energy’s hopes
- EV carmakers work to fit auto dealers into their future plans
- Student nurse in Britain charged with planning to attack air force base, taking homemade bomb to hospital
No comments to show.