A Pakistani court docket on Monday acquitted a retired senior police officer and 17 others, largely policemen nonetheless serving on the power, within the 2018 killing of a 27-year-old aspiring mannequin.The younger man, Naqeeb Ullah, was killed below suspicious circumstances, in what police on the time mentioned was a raid on a militant hideout within the port metropolis of Karachi. His killing drew nationwide condemnation from human rights activists and 1000’s from his Mehsud tribe rallied in Islamabad and elsewhere in Pakistan.Rao Anwar, who on the time was Karachi’s police chief, and the others have been arrested quickly after the raid and went on trial in 2019. A subsequent authorities probe concluded that Ullah, who hailed from the South Waziristan area, as soon as a Taliban stronghold, had no ties to militants.PAKISTAN’S SPECIAL FORCES RAID POLICE CENTER TO FREE HOSTAGES, KILL 33 PAKISTANI TALIBAN MILITANTS
Pakistani police officer Rao Anwar responds to a reporter in Karachi, Pakistan, on Jan. 16, 2018. A Pakistani court docket on Jan. 23, 2023, acquitted Anwar and 17 others, largely policemen nonetheless serving on the power, within the 2018 killing of an aspiring mannequin.
(AP Picture/Shakil Adil, File)Jabran Nasir, an lawyer for Ullah’s household, mentioned the court docket in Karachi acquitted Anwar and the others resulting from lack of proof after the prosecution didn’t show the fees raised towards them. The lawyer mentioned he would seek the advice of the household and should file an attraction.TALIBAN KILL 6 PARAMILITARY TROOPS IN SOUTHWESTERN PAKISTANUllah’s household has claimed that he was arrested weeks previous to his killing and that alleged the raid was staged as a “faux shootout.”Anwar, credited with arresting scores of militants whereas he was police chief, was suspended following the raid and barred from leaving Pakistan. Afterward, throughout the trial, he retired from service.CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APPAfter Monday’s ruling, Anwar mentioned “justice has been achieved” and introduced he would demand he be reinstated due to a wrongful suspension.
- Next Jon Rahm continues blistering form with second-straight PGA Tour title at The American Express
- Previous BoJack Horseman and a Contemplative Consumption Diet
- Emanuel Navarrete defeats Liam Wilson: Protest launched after controversial count, fourth round knockdown, video, highlights, boxing news, results
- World Health Organization employee released in Mali
- Avraham Eisenberg in court accused of crypto exchange crash • The Register
- In boost for Ford and Tesla, Treasury changes EV tax rules making it easier to qualify as an SUV
- What Is a Condenser Microphone, and How Do They Work?
No comments to show.