A former senior lieutenant to drug kingpin Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzman pleaded responsible to trafficking greater than 150 kilograms of cocaine and greater than 30 kilograms of heroin on Friday. Felipe Cabrera Sarabia, 51, faces a minimal of 10 years and as much as life in jail when he’s sentenced on July 7.
Felipe Cabrera Sarabia after his arrest by Mexican police.
(REUTERS/Bernardo Montoya )Referred to as “The Engineer,” Sarabia allegedly ran operations for the multi billion-dollar Sinaloa drug cartel earlier than he was arrested in 2015. MEXICAN PROSECUTOR: SHANQUELLA ROBINSON MURDER INVESTIGATION CONTINUES, POTENTIAL ACCOMPLICES BEING DETERMINEDHe instructed U.S. District Choose Sharon Johnson Coleman by an interpreter on Friday that he “at all times made a dwelling as a cattle rancher,” in line with the Chicago Solar-Occasions.
Authorities escort Mexican drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, middle, from a airplane in Ronkonkoma, N.Y.
(U.S. regulation enforcement by way of AP)Sarabia’s responsible plea comes after Guzman was sentenced to life in jail in 2019 for his 25-year reign as the top of the Sinaloa drug cartel. CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APPGuzman’s son, Ovidio Guzmán, was arrested by Mexican police earlier this month within the Mexican metropolis of Culiacan. The Related Press contributed to this report. Paul Greatest is a breaking information reporter for Fox Information Digital and Fox Enterprise. Story ideas and concepts might be despatched to Paul.Greatest@fox.com and on Twitter: @KincaidBest.
- Next Chinese mobe-makers playing a long game with homebrew chips • The Register
- Previous Writing as revolutionary act: 70 cycles of the Palanca Awards
- Google invests $300 million in Anthropic as race to compete with ChatGPT heats up
- EU-Ukraine: Five takeways from Zelenskyy’s historic summit with EU leaders in Kyiv
- UFC news: Liam Neeson rips into Conor McGregor and MMA, brands him ‘leprechaun’
- Subway sandwich sales climb amid turnaround, potential sale talks
- Monero-mining HeadCrab bots pinch 1,000+ Redis servers • The Register
No comments to show.