A number of high Ukrainian officers, together with the deputy defence minister and the deputy head of the presidential workplace, have introduced their resignations amid a dangerous corruption scandal.President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has warned of robust anti-graft measures as studies of foul play in Ukraine’s excessive places of work broke over the weekend, surrounding illicit funds to deputy ministers and over-inflated navy contracts. 5 regional governors and 4 deputy ministers have left their posts, together with the governors of Zaporizhia, Kherson, and the capital Kyiv.One of many first to resign was the president’s deputy head of workplace, Kyrylo Tymoshenko. He oversaw regional coverage and had labored on President Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s election marketing campaign.Tymoshenko has been criticised by the media for allegedly utilizing an costly automobile donated to Ukraine for use for humanitarian functions.Deputy defence minister Vyacheslav Shapovalov has additionally resigned following allegations he oversaw the shopping for of meals for troopers at inflated costs.Tackling widespread corruption was considered one of Zelenskyy’s election guarantees forward of his landslide victory within the nation’s 2019 polls.On Monday, he introduced he would make adjustments to the federal government and the safety companies as a part of a renewed crackdown.A parliamentary committee additionally agreed to tighten procurement rules and make some costs public throughout occasions of battle.For extra watch Euronews’ report within the video above.
- Next Mahlangu slams Sundowns for ‘destroying SA football’
- Previous Google to stop exempting campaign email from automated spam detection
- New poll shows Texans support legal marijuana
- Should You Upgrade to Windows 11?
- Residents Evacuated as Deadly Wildfires Spread Across Central Chile
- SA experiencing a critical shortage of qualified artisans
- F1 2023: Daniel Ricciardo’s name butchered by host at Red Bull season launch, car, Daniel Retardo
No comments to show.