The Mastodon social media platform has exponentially risen in recognition over the previous few months, following Elon Musk’s botched acquisition of Twitter. A number of new third-party Mastodon apps have popped up since then, and the newest is from an organization you may acknowledge.
Ivory for Mastodon was launched right this moment for iPhone and iPad, following a public beta testing interval. It’s a brand new third-party for Mastodon, serving as an alternative choice to the official Mastodon app for iOS. The app has a number of accounts, assist for options like polls and content material warnings, highly effective mute options, a number of themes, and timeline synchronization throughout a number of gadgets.
Tapbots / Apple
Ivory is developed by Tapbots, the identical small firm that created the favored Tweetbot consumer for Twitter. Ivory makes use of a lot of the identical design components and codebase as Tweetbot, so should you ever used that app, you’ll really feel proper at house with Ivory. Tweetbot was discontinued earlier this month after Twitter lower off API entry for a lot of third-party apps, together with Twitterific, Fenix for Andrid, and Tweetbot. Ivory was already in public testing at that time, however Tapbot’s Paul Haddad mentioned growth went “into hyper mode” after the shutdown.
You’ll be able to learn timelines and check out some fundamental options at no cost, however Ivory is a paid software — builders should eat, too. A yearly subscription prices $14.99/yr, with a month-to-month choice accessible for $1.99/mo. A Mac model can be beneath growth, which is able to seemingly be a special subscription, however particulars there haven’t been (publicly) finalized.
Ivory is one among a number of Mastodon apps to reach because the preliminary surge in recognition, alongside Megalodon on Android (a fork of the official app), Ice Cubes for Mac, iPhone, and iPad, and others. The sudden shutdown of essential APIs is inflicting builders like Tapbots to pay much more consideration to competing platforms like Mastodon, which is nice information for anybody utilizing the decentralized social media platform.
- Next Obesity and belly bulge linked to being ‘frail’ later in life: study
- Previous Celtic cruises into Scottish Cup last 16 with Kyogo Furuhashi goals
- Giorgia Meloni visits Tripoli as Libya signs $8bn gas exploration deal with Eni
- Ian Warden | Take tennis out of the hands of the powerful and give it to the elves | The Canberra Times
- Creating better transit experiences in a privacy-conscious society
- U.S. diplomatic mission to Middle East clouded by violence
- Indian Air Force fighters jets crash in mid-air, killing pilot: See the wreckage
No comments to show.