PARIS — The UN cultural company on Wednesday added the historic heart of Ukraine’s port metropolis of Odessa to its World Heritage Record regardless of opposition from Russia. The 21 member states of UNESCO’s world heritage committee permitted inscribing designated areas of town, usually referred to as “the pearl of the Black Sea,” with six votes in favor, one towards and 14 abstentions. Russia, which invaded Ukraine in February final 12 months, tried repeatedly to delay the vote. — Agence France-Presse
- Next Christian group urges Biden to prevent ‘genocide’ developing on Russia’s doorstep
- Previous Pair of lawsuits kick off state-federal battle over abortion pills
- Harness digital solutions to track cargo equipment anywhere, anytime
- What’s next for Pakistan as its economic crisis worsens?
- Sabalenka beats Kazakhstan’s Rybakina to win first Grand Slam title at Australian Open
- IBM to cut 3,900 Kyndryl jobs • The Register
- Spanish police seize $114 mln in cocaine from cattle ship
No comments to show.