Italian police are swiftly cracking down on the felony community that allowed “final Godfather” Matteo Messina Denaro to reside and thrive in broad daylight in his native Sicily for the final 30 years — regardless of being on Italy’s most wished listing.On Monday, authorities arrested a suspect accused of “loaning” his determine to the Mafia boss, a 59-year-old Sicily-based surveyor named Andrea Bonafede. Because of false paperwork, Messino Denaro was capable of do issues like purchase a automotive in particular person, go to the grocery store and search therapy in a non-public medical facility, the place he even took a selfie with a surgeon.Messino Denaro is at the moment being held in a high-security jail in L’Aquila, central Italy.He has most cancers and is “severely ailing”, based on the physician who was treating him earlier than the arrest.Police have already discovered and searched three hideouts in Sicily, two in Campobello di Mazara and one in Trapani, the place he’s understood to have lived a “regular life” up till his 16 January arrest in Palermo.In his hideouts, police discovered jewelry, costly restaurant receipts, capsules to reinforce male sexual efficiency, as effectively Francis Ford Coppola’s “Godfather” memorabilia.Messina Denaro is scheduled to look earlier than a court docket on 9 March.He’s interesting his life sentence over the homicide of two outstanding Italian Mafia prosecutors in 1992, Giovanni Falcone and Paolo Borsellino, in addition to their bodyguards.He has, nevertheless, additionally been accused of ordering or finishing up plenty of homicides — not less than 20, based on the Italian press.There are nonetheless 4 different high-profile gangsters wished by Italian police at the moment at giant. Folks linked not solely to the Sicilian Mafia, but additionally to the Sardinian, Calabrian and Neapolitan “clans”.
- Next Aldi releases fitness collection as part of Special Buys
- Previous Minecraft Legends releases on April 18
- Look younger, even in your 50’s, with these tips.
- Zoom joins tech giants with layoffs, CEO pay cut
- Downed Chinese spy flight linked to global surveillance program
- Chinese brands rush to copy TikTok-famous Shein’s success
- Australia has crumbled on day one of the first Test in Nagpur, with Indian spinner Ravindra Jadeja the chief destroyer, taking five wickets.
No comments to show.