A freshman from Queens, New York, made historical past on the baseball diamond Friday.Brown’s Olivia Pichardo turned the primary girl to play in an NCAA Division I baseball recreation. NCAA signage on the sector earlier than a recreation between the Oklahoma Sooners and the Ole Miss Rebels throughout the Division I males’s baseball championship at Charles Schwab Subject Omaha June 26, 2022, in Omaha, Neb. (C. Morgan Engel/NCAA Pictures by way of Getty Photos)The left-handed hitter pinch hit within the backside of the ninth, grounding out to first in Brown’s 10-1 loss.CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COMPichardo joined the USA Baseball Ladies’s Nationwide Staff final summer season and was an intern for the New York Mets of their novice scouting division. She additionally participated within the Friendship Sequence in opposition to Staff Canada in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada, over the summer season.Pichardo turned the primary girl on a Division I roster. The Van Wickle Gates stand on the fringe of the principle campus of Brown College in Windfall, R.I., Aug. 16, 2022. (REUTERS/Brian Snyder)FOUR GAMES TO WATCH ON DAY 2 OF NCAA TOURNAMENT”I’m residing out my dream proper now and the perfect faculty expertise that I’ve at all times needed, in order that’s actually cool,” Pichardo stated when she made the staff.”Olivia put collectively essentially the most full walk-on tryout I’ve seen from a participant since turning into a head coach,” head coach Grant Achilles stated on the time.She threw out the ceremonial first pitch for the Mets on Ladies’s Day at Citi Subject in August. The seal of Brown College atop the Van Wickle Gates on the fringe of the principle campus in Windfall, R.I., Aug. 16, 2022. (REUTERS/Brian Snyder)CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APPPichardo was a varsity highschool participant at Backyard College within the seventh grade.
- Next Volkswagen announces five-year $193 billion investment plan as electrification gathers pace
- Previous UK parliament passes trophy hunting law
- Hawkeyes’ star Caitlin Clark waves off unguarded South Carolina player as Iowa stuns title favorite
- Who stole the giant red spoon from a Phoenix Dairy Queen?
- Tiny Exploding Houses Promoted 18th-Century Lightning Rods
- Ukrainian diver joins boycott of events with Russians
- Singer Coles Whalen fights to preserve stalker’s conviction at Supreme Court
No comments to show.