Twitter deal: Elon Musk says “still busy”, hours after he suspended the deal on Twitter

New Delhi: Hours after temporarily suspended $ 44 billion deal to acquire Twitter microblogging site, Tesla CEO Elon Musk he said he was still “committed” to the acquisition.

Musk on Friday said the deal to take over Twitter is “suspended” until there is some clarity as to whether spam or fake accounts make up less than 5% of the microblogging site. “Agreement on Twitter temporarily suspended pending details to support the calculation that spam / fake accounts actually represent less than 5% of users, “Musk tweeted referring to a Twitter regulatory filing.

The microblogging site said in its latest quarterly results “that the average of fake or spam accounts during the first quarter of 2022 represented less than 5% of our monthly daily active users during the quarter.”

Discover the stories of your interest

Musk’s efforts to reform Twitter have included fighting fake and spam accounts. In a statement announcing his agreement to buy Twitter last month, he said he wanted to fight spam bots, authenticate all humans, and open up the company’s algorithms.

Stay on top technology Other startup news what matters. subscribe to our daily newsletter for the latest and greatest tech news, delivered straight to your inbox.