NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Angel City forward Christen Press has torn the anterior cruciate ligament in her right knee.Press was injured during Saturday’s game against Racing Louisville and was helped off the field by a trainer and a teammate.CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
Christen Press #23 of Angel City FC chases after a ball to the corner during the game against the Houston Dash at Banc of California Stadium on June 07, 2022 in Los Angeles, California.
(Harry How/Getty Images)”My heart is broken: I’ve torn my acl. Readily accepting all love, prayers, virtual hugs, dog pics, and smudging ceremonies. Love you all xx,” Press said Monday on social media.Press, 33, has scored two goals in eight games for Angel City in her first year with the National Women’s Soccer League expansion team.Press was on the U.S. national team when it won the Women’s World Cup in 2015 and 2019 and the bronze medal at the Tokyo Olympics.She took time off from soccer after the Olympics last year to focus on her mental health.Press was left off the U.S. roster for the upcoming CONCACAF W Championship, which serves as qualifying for the 2023 World Cup. Coach Vlatko Andonovski announced the roster before Press revealed the extent of her injury.CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APPPress has 115 appearances with the national team with 64 goals and 43 assists.
- Next Socceroos vs Peru: Andrew Redmayne’s wife reveals truth behind goalkeeper’s iconic penalty shootout celebration
- Previous No runaway inflation just yet, but repo rate likely to increase
- Wimbledon 2022: Serena Williams returns to grand slam action as Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic headline men’s draw
- Stage 4 power cuts to continue until Wednesday due to labour action, says Eskom
- A Playlist for Lounging by the Pool
- Monkeypox mutating more than previously thought, researchers say
- EdgeQ to bring software-defined silicon to 5G small cells • The Register
No comments to show.