Interested in what the outlook is for the gaming industry? Join gaming executives to discuss the emerging parts of the industry this October at GamesBeat Summit Next. Register today.
Another bizarre week of 2022 on the stock exchange. I’m not saying this was a bad year, but oof, it was the more. What happened this week? Kind goodness. A hacker grabbed a footage of Rockstar’s in-development game and posted it online. Logitech is becoming a Steam Deck competitor. And apparently it’s time to revisit Cyberpunk 2077? Like I said, weird week.
The loss of GTA VI was silly in itself, but I was a little disheartened to see how critical everyone was about it. In case you need to hear it from me: there’s (probably) nothing wrong with Grand Theft Auto VI, according to the footage. The games don’t look like games until release. That’s why game publishers pay third-party directors to make cinematic trailers for games in development. I’d be a hypocrite if you insulted the pre-launch speculative criticism, but I don’t want anyone to cancel GTA VI because they’ve seen a version they should never have seen.
The other things that happened this week seem almost soft and light in comparison. Logitech’s handheld seems to have some guts and will work immediately with Game Pass and GeForce Now. Additionally, it appears that Cyberpunk Netflix’s ad blitz has worked, as thousands of players are either returning to the game or trying it out for the first time. I still feel it’s okay now, but since my issues with the game weren’t just about bugs and glitches, I’m not looking forward to investing any more time into it.
As for personal news, I’ll be spending the entire weekend playing the early access version of Slime Rancher 2. I’ve been waiting for this lively and brilliant simulation game since it was announced last year. I shamelessly say that I have put hundreds of hours into the original and want to escape back to its simpler world. If anyone needs me, I’ll suck in happy, smiling jelly creatures and collect their drops for cash.
What to play this week
- Return to Monkey Island
- Slime Rancher 2 (Early Access)
- Session: Skate Sim
- Pines lighthouse
- Serial cleaners
- Permit for potions
- Gundam evolution
- The Diofield Chronicle
- Construction simulator
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Festival of rhythm
News on subscription services:
- Deathloop (Xbox Game Pass)
- Hardspace Snowbreaker (Xbox Game Pass)
- Death Loop (PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium)
- Assassin’s Creed Origins (PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium)
- Watch Dogs 2 (PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium)
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium)
- Spiritfarer: Farewell Edition (PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium)
- Chicory: A Colorful Story (PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium)
- Monster Energy Supercross – The Official Video Game 5 (PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium)
- Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX (PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium)
- Rabbids Invasion: The Interactive TV Show (PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium)
- Rayman Legends (PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium)
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game (PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium)
- Siphon Filter 2 (PlayStation Premium Classics)
- The Sly Collection (PlayStation Premium Classics)
- Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PlayStation Premium Classics)
- Bentley’s Hackpack (PlayStation Premium Classics)
- Toy Story 3 (PlayStation Premium Classics)
- Kingdom of Heaven (PlayStation Premium Classics)
- Blind Destiny: Edo no Yami (GeForce Now)
- The Keeper of Stone (GeForce Now)
- Total War: Warhammer (GeForce Now)
- Total War: Warhammer II (GeForce Now)
- Total War: Warhammer III (GeForce Now)
- Shovel Knight Excavation (Apple Arcade)
The creed of GamesBeat when it comes to the gaming industry it is “where passion meets business”. What does this mean? We want to tell you how important news is to you, not only as a decision maker in a game studio, but as a game fan as well. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and have fun engaging it. Discover our briefings.