Sometimes you don’t get second chances in sports, but the Oaks Christian High softball team is about to get a second chance to win a championship.The 33-1 Lions advanced to the Division 1 regional final by pulling out a 2-1 win over Mission Viejo on Friday on a walk-off hit by Nani Arreola in the seventh inning.Notre Dame-bound Micaela Kastor continued her exceptional pitching, striking out 11 while allowing two hits. Sofia Elliott of Mission Viejo also pitched well and hit a home run to tie the score in the fourth.Oaks Christian will play Southern Section Division 1 champion Eastvale Roosevelt on Saturday at 4 p.m. at Roosevelt. Oaks Christian did not make it to the Southern Section final after losing to Los Alamitos in the semifinals, its only defeat. Now the regional championship matchup that many expected will finally take place, pitting top coaches Pete Ackermann of Oaks Christian and Mike Smith of Roosevelt against each other.
- Next Former Pirates defender to join rivals Chiefs?
- Previous Rory McIlroy takes another swing at LIV Golf, glad he went up ‘against the best to bring out your best’
- How to Create a Basic Survey in Microsoft Word
- Satire God Armando Iannucci Will Take on Superhero Movies in New HBO Comedy
- 3500 monkeypox vaccines land in Victoria for ‘at-risk’ groups
- An invasion of Taiwan would be ‘detrimental’ to Australia’s national interest
- AI regulation: A state-by-state roundup of AI bills
No comments to show.