“SW and SW19,” Williams posted on Instagram Tuesday. “It’s a date. 2022, see you there.” SW19 is the postcode district in Southwest London incorporating Wimbledon, among other boroughs. The social media post showed her standing on a grass court with white sneakers on.Williams has not played competitively since an injury forced her to retire in a first-round match at Wimbledon last year.The 23-time major champion last reached the Wimbledon final in 2019 where she lost to Simona Halep, who now works with Williams’ former coach Patrick Mouratoglou.Widely considered to be the GOAT of women’s tennis, 23-time grand slam champion Serena Williams says she’s still aiming to beat Margaret Court’s record of 24.”I should have been at like 30 or 32 (grand slam singles titles),” Williams told CNN’s Christiane Amanpour earlier this year.”I should have had it (the record), really, I’ve had many opportunities to have it. But I’m not giving up.”Williams was forced to miss January’s Australian Open following the advice of her medical team, announcing in December that she wasn’t “where I need to be physically to compete.”Wimbledon is scheduled for June 27 to July 10 at the All England Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club.Amy Woodyatt, Alicia Lloyd and Christiane Amanpour contributed reporting.
- Next Serena Williams Plans to Play at Wimbledon
- Previous Cars used by past Philippine presidents on display at Museo ng Pampangulong Sasakyan in Quezon Memorial Circle │ GMA News Online
- Wimbledon 2022: Serena Williams returns to grand slam action as Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic headline men’s draw
- Stage 4 power cuts to continue until Wednesday due to labour action, says Eskom
- A Playlist for Lounging by the Pool
- Monkeypox mutating more than previously thought, researchers say
- EdgeQ to bring software-defined silicon to 5G small cells • The Register
No comments to show.