Wallabies great David Pocock will enter parliament after defeating Liberal Zed Seselja for the second ACT senate spot.Mr Seselja says the result is “obviously very disappointing” for him after being a senator for nine years, but he has congratulated the successful candidates, Labor’s Katy Gallagher and Independent Mr Pocock.“Obviously, for me, it’s a time to reflect, I guess, on the nine years in the Senate, the nine years – another nine years – in ACT politics on top of that,” he told Sky News Australia.“It is the end of a fairly long road in politics, and it’s always disappointing to lose.” Mr Seselja indicated his Senate defeat was likely the end of his political career but refused to entirely rule out a return.
- Next Makro owner opens massive new distribution centre in Joburg
- Previous Spain scorched by earliest heatwave in 40 plus years
- When Abortion Pills Were Banned in Brazil, Women Turned to Drug Traffickers
- PODCAST| Monkeypox: How it spreads, when to test and why people 42 and up may be protected
- Here is the new retirement system planned for South Africa
- The storm-chasing scientists on a mission to solve the sky’s greatest mystery
- Pixel Watch 2 Is Going To Be So Sweet
No comments to show.