ATLANTA, Ga. (CBS46) – Grammy award-winning singer and TV personality Kandi Burruss and her foundation Kandi Cares provided supplies to 500 children at the back-to-school giveaway at the Jefferson Park Recreation Center in East Point on Saturday.Kandi Cares collaborated with Goodr, Nouveaux, and Garner Trial Attorneys to give back to Atlanta area families in need.“Single-parent families are a uniquely vulnerable part of our communities,” Goodr CEO Jasmine Crowe stated. “Even two-income households are struggling to provide anything above basic necessities right now so events like this are essential. Goodr is honored to partner with Kandi Cares again on such a vital initiative.”Kandi Burrus back to school giveaway(CBS46 News)The organizations focus on food and school supply assistance, with a focus on single-parent families.“With so much negativity in the world and the cost of living continuing to rise, we are delighted to spread some positivity and help the families within our community that desperately need it. This initiative will provide single-parent homes with the necessities for all of their back-to-school needs,” said Burruss.Several back-to-school events were also held throughout the metro Atlanta area on Saturday.Burruss is best known for singing in the Atlanta-based group Xscape and appearing as a cast member on the Real Housewives of Atlanta TV show.In case you missed it, there are more back-to-school drives and events coming up in the metro Atlanta area. For more information, click here.Copyright 2022 WGCL. All rights reserved.
- Next Four tips to protect your small business against cybercrime
- Previous England beat Germany in thrilling Euro 2022 final
- SaaS SOS: What you can do to save your SaaS company as recession looms
- Commonwealth Games 2022: Kelsey-Lee Barber wins javelin result, Aussie is a freak
- WSJ Opinion: ‘Defund the Police’ Is Dividing Democrats
- Grain ships depart Ukraine as Kyiv, Moscow trade blame over nuclear plant
- How to Turn Off Focused Inbox in Microsoft Outlook
No comments to show.