President Joe Biden tweeted Friday that his plan to tame inflation now involves tax hikes on the wealthiest companies:
“Do you want to lower inflation?” she asked. “Let’s make sure the richest multinationals pay their fair share”
Do you want to lower inflation?
Let’s make sure the wealthiest multinationals pay their fair share.
– Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) May 13, 2022
What are you talking about?
Someone in the White House should at least read the Wikipedia page on inflation or something. https://t.co/JfnZGbynRY
– Frank J. Fleming (@IMAO_) May 13, 2022
“They’re not even trying anymore”:
This is the “wear sweatpants to dinner” of inflation tweets. They aren’t even trying anymore. https://t.co/WeR6NH5vRA
– Scott Lincicome (@scottlincicome) May 13, 2022
Even the blue checkered newspapers make fun of him:
we’re just throwing spaghetti at the wall now, right? https://t.co/dlCnRHw2fp
– Blake Hounshell (@blakehounshell) May 13, 2022
And that’s when billionaire Jeff Bezos responded with his suggestion:
“The newly created Disinformation Committee should review this tweet, or perhaps it should form a new Non Sequitur Council instead. The corporate tax hike is fine to discuss. Taming inflation is key to arguing. Putting them together is just an error of direction “:
The newly created Disinformation Committee should review this tweet, or perhaps it should form a new Non Sequitur Council instead. The corporate tax hike is fine to discuss. Taming inflation is key to arguing. Putting them together is just a misdirection. https://t.co/ye4XiNNc2v
– Jeff Bezos (@JeffBezos) May 14, 2022
Thanks Elon Musk! “It’s Billionaires Gone Wild Week on Twitter”:
It’s Billionaires Gone Wild week on Twitter https://t.co/WSeTFfA6Cm
– Dave Lee (@DaveLeeFT) May 14, 2022
Others also want to sue Joe Biden for misinformation:
Great minds think alike, and so do we. https://t.co/awbXQfBhE2
– Eli Dourado (@elidourado) May 14, 2022
While others focus on the economic illiteracy of the president’s proposal:
What do corporate tax rates have to do with inflation?
– Scott Morefield (@SKMorefield) May 14, 2022
Stop printing money? Not this government:
Or the Fed might just STOP PRINTING MONEY.
– Geoffrey Miller (@primalpoly) May 13, 2022
And here’s a list of other things the US SHOULD do:
“Do you want to lower inflation?”
1) Stop spending
2) Promote domestic oil and gas
3) Open the doors
4) Abrogate tariffs
5) Repeal the Buy America rules
6) Discontinue Davis Bacon
7) Repeal the new NEPA regulations
8) Repeal the new rules on ethanol
9) Resume student loan payments
10) Suspend the Jones Act
– Brian Riedl (@Brian_Riedl) May 13, 2022
And everyone can resign:
My solution is that you resign.
Then Kamala Harris resigns.
Then Nancy Pelosi resigns.
Your administration is deliberately causing these problems. We are not as stupid as you seem.
– Kyle Becker (@kylenabecker) May 13, 2022
Because we have had enough of this clown show:
– Seth Dillon (@SethDillon) May 13, 2022