Parisians will this weekend be able to check on the progress of restoration work at Notre Dame with the opening of a special village on the cathedral forecourt showcasing the work of the craftsmen on the reconstruction site. The famous building was partially destroyed by a massive blaze in April 2019.President Emmanuel has set the goal of re-opening Notre Dame in time for the Paris Olympics of 2024 – which remains the target. Work on the interior restoration is well advanced, while work on the spire, vaults and frameworks has effectively begun with a 100-metre, 600-tonne scaffold being erected recently. Completed in 1345, Notre Dame is considered one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture and was a major tourist attraction in Paris. Watch the video above to find out more.
- Next I can not recommend Occidental Petroleum
- Previous Keeping printers quiet broke disks, thanks to fuzzy logic • The Register
- Putin’s candidacy for annexation to Ukraine triggers new sanctions
- The Russian embassy in New York was vandalized as Putin annexed Ukrainian territory
- UK borrowers react to rising interest rates in the mortgage market
- News 4 Investigate the Metrolink train that never stops, separating a 10-year-old from family
- Fast facts by Lucas Papademo | CNN
No comments to show.