David Gergen, senior political analyst at CNN, has some thoughts on which generations should be next in line to rule the country:
Baby boomers have run the country for nearly three decades. Some successes, a series of disappointments. It’s time to pass the baton to the younger generation – Millennials and Gen Z. Pls join us for a conversation about @CNN with @ACCooper on my new book on the subject.
– David Gergen (@David_Gegen) May 10, 2022
It certainly did not go unnoticed that it excluded the generation immediately following the Boomers. You know, the generation that’s just the right age to step into positions of power that Boomers are slowly (very slowly, if certain members of Congress are anything to rely on) giving up.
Once again, Gen X has neglected.
– Sally (@libertariantina) May 10, 2022
Uh, do you think you’ve skipped over a generation there?
– Unfollow all Acosta (@ JayPark71553294) May 11, 2022
Maybe a little bit.
Uh, will we just skip Generation X ????
– Publisher’s devil (@ fairchild01) May 10, 2022
Yes, apparently we are. Some people seem to agree with quite a lot:
You can all have it
– Mrs_Pinky Nicole Pinkston (@ MRSpinkston85) May 10, 2022
Good point. It’s all a bit of a mess right now, so hey, maybe Gen X can just sit back and let the youngsters take care of it while they keep doing what they’re doing:
It’s so funny that Generation X is always left out, but Generation X is dealing with aging parents and raising children right now.
– Addie Woolf @ (@AddieWoolf) May 11, 2022
Gergen’s observation certainly brought out memories of the growth of Gen X.
And to Gen-X: keep the door closed, there’s a Swanson TV dinner in the freezer if you’re hungry and DON’T stay awake past 10
– Ben Abrahamse (@babrahamse) May 11, 2022
Gen Xers are just tougher. more salty. I was a teenager in the 80s damn! I wear a shirt with a zipper. Hard as nails.
I danced at the Rock Lobster
I stole my grandfather’s Chevette.
He would fight in the friendly parking lot. Quite a lot actually. Bet pink tickets on our Jim Dandys
– Denver Riggleman (@RepRiggleman) May 11, 2022
Nostalgic memes flow fast and thick:
– Seth Maske (@smotus) May 11, 2022
– JodyV (@ JodyVezina1) May 11, 2022
Hate is probably a pretty strong word, but the biggest point stands.
– Sean Bannion (@SeanBannion) May 11, 2022
Generation X may be overlooked, but they’re sure to have fun while it’s happening.
Yes, it’s CNN. But still.